NOTE: this document describes OpenIsis 0.9/0.9.1.
For updated information please refer to
order of opening database files
| checking options |
- try to read an options file .opt or .OPT
if found, merge options with those passed,
and use the successful case for extensions
- else, if the last path component contains an uppercase ascii
and no lowercase ascii, use uppercase extensions
- Options may select to open only index or only data.
- For both index and data, either traditional or new files are used
during normal operation, with new files preferred.
However, both sets may be open during copying.
- if no read/write mode is explicitly selected,
readonly is used if a TXT or MST file exists and is readonly.
(By index file permissions in index-only mode).
| checking data |
- if TXT exists, use it, done
- if traditional MST/XRF exist,
and they are writable or writing was not explicitly selected,
use them as is, done
- create TXT and copy any available readonly data
If for a TXT no valid PTR exists, create one.
| checking index |
- if OXI exits, use it, done
- if traditional index files exist, open readonly
- else, OR if writing is wanted
create OXI for writing, copy old index